Palliative care brings comfort and treatment for patients who may have a life-limiting illness. At Cedar Community at Home, we understand that many individuals would like to continue treatments for their illness, but they are having pain or symptoms that would benefit from comfort care. If you have difficulty leaving your home, or live in an assisted living facility, you could be eligible to receive this compassionate care.
What types of help can I receive with palliative care?
- Symptom control and pain management
- Wound care
- Medication teaching and management
- Physical, occupational or speech therapy
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Assistance with advanced directives and planning