Cedar Community offers assisted living for men and women facing Alzheimer’s disease and related memory loss at The Cottages in West Bend. Every service and accommodation our staff members provide is dedicated to the unique and varying needs of the individual facing early- to mid-staged Alzheimer’s disease or other progressive memory loss.
Throughout the resident’s stay, one-to-one relationships with staff members make the difference, helping to build family members’ confidence that their loved ones are in caring hands. Staff members are trained and certified in dementia care. Activities are resident-driven, based on individual interests and abilities. Opportunities abound for daily re-discovery of past loves and interests, including cooking, hobbies, entertainment, pet therapy, nature, music, spirituality and many more engaging elements!
- Located on 160 acres with rolling hills, woods, meadows and wildlife, you will find 60 cottage residences arranged into three intimate, 20-unit neighborhoods.
- Charming “front porch” designs promote resident familiarity and sense of home
- Each residence features private, European-style bathrooms/showers to help maintain health and hygiene
- Expansive use of windows, open-concept rooms and natural lighting
- Open corridors to enhance way-finding for residents
- All-natural courtyard setting with more than an acre of outdoor space and no visible fencing to encourage autonomy, promote physical activity and celebrate nature and life
- Social, spiritual and physical programs and opportunities to promote a purposeful and fulfilling lifestyle
- Named Alzheimer’s Foundation of America Excellence in Care® Dementia Program of Distinction