LIVING OPTIONS SKILLED NURSING/REHABILITATION
Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
First and foremost, Cedar Community was established so the frail elderly could receive quality health care and kindness. When our original nursing facility opened its doors in 1957, 22 people moved in to call it 'home.' Today, our short-term rehabilitation, long-term memory care and skilled nursing services offer the highest quality health care, pastoral care and life enrichment services and activities. Our focus is on bringing out the best in those who come to us.
While the rehab, restorative care, activities and training programs continue to receive industry awards for innovation, success is most often measured in the appreciative smiles, the songs of praise and the goals achieved daily by the men and women who come here.
- Short-term inpatient rehabilitation
- Aurora Medical Group at Cedar Community provides physician and physician’s assistant services onsite. We also have outpatient rehab, podiatry, optometry, dental, lab and audiology!
- Social services
- Clinical dietetics
- Pharmacy and home medical equipment
- Pastoral services and spiritual programs for all denominations
- Music therapy and pet therapy
- Full-service laundry, housekeeping and maintenance
- Main Street Mall with beauty shop and onsite deli for sandwiches, soups, ice cream, coffee, gifts, cards and more
- Cedar Creek park with water features, gardens
- Cedar Theatre concerts, plays and other productions
- Dynamic dining experience focusing on resident's choice
- Pontoon boat rides on Big Cedar Lake
- Motorized bug rides through miles of trails
- Annual events such as Casino Day, June Wedding Celebration, Choral and Chimes groups, Senior Golf Tourney, Christmas celebrations
- Shopping excursions
- Field trips
- Intergenerational programs
- Daily household activities and celebrations
- State-of-the-art technology for engaging adaptive software activities, computer games
- Click here to download a PDF of our current activity calendar and see for yourself.