Cedar Community COVID-19 Precautions and Updates
Cedar Community’s first priority is always the health and well-being of our residents and team members. We have always had strong infection control policies and procedures that are reviewed on an ongoing basis, as part of our standard protocols to help protect against the spread of infectious illnesses. In addition to our vigilant infection control measures, we have added additional precautions based on guidance and mandates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), as well as state and local health officials.
Please see below for information and the current status on visits and other details for individual locations.
Additional precautions for all campus locations:
- Increased signage for all buildings to communicate visitor restrictions if any.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including frequent cleaning of high-traffic areas.
- Admissions will continue to take place with heightened screening precautions.
- Masks must be worn at all times in any facility.
- All team members, visitors, and vendors must be screened prior to entering any facility.
Cedar Lake Health and Rehabilitation Center:
- Residents can have visitors at any time.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the building as well as eye protection by team members.
- All visitors must maintain six feet of distance from team members and residents.
- All approved visitors and team members must use the main entrance only–all other entrances closed.
- All approved visitors, team members, partner vendors, and healthcare practitioners must be screened and/or tested for COVID-19 before entry.
- Pharmacy–open for pick-up only if visitor passes the screening.
- Deli is open.
- Visitors should go directly to the resident’s room or visiting area.
- Guests should not walk around the building.
- Testing for COVID-19 continues twice weekly.
Cedar Community Assisted Living:
Cedar Bay East, Cedar Bay West, Cedar Bay Elkhart Lake, The Cottages Memory Care
- Indoor visits are allowed.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the building.
- Cedar Bay East entrance closed – all visitors and team members must use Cedar Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center entrance.
- The Cottages – all visitors and team members must use the main entrance; Neighborhood 3 entrance is closed.
- Cedar Bay West and Cedar Bay Elkhart Lake – all visitors and team members must use the main entrance only.
- All visitors, team members, partner vendors, and healthcare practitioners must be screened COVID-19 prior to entry.
Cedar Community Independent Living:
Cedar Ridge Apartments, Cedar Lake Village Homes, Elkhart Lake Village Homes
- Masks are no longer required when outside of your home or apartment and in the common spaces of Cedar Ridge or the Lodge; however, they are recommended if you are at high risk. Please consult your physician regarding your need to wear a mask in public.
- Singing groups do not need to mask unless you are at high risk.
- All visitors, team members, vendors and healthcare providers seeking access to Cedar Ridge must enter at the main entrance ONLY and screen in at the kiosk for a sticker.
- The general public may visit the Cedar Ridge Apartments.
- VIP waitlist members and community volunteers may use the common spaces and amenities.
- Top of the Ridge Restaurant is open only to Cedar Community residents and their guests or VIP wait list members for in-house dining, carryout, or delivery. The restaurant is not open to the general public at this time.
- The Market Café is open to Cedar Community residents, their guests, and team members as well as the general public.
- Massage, Salon and Spa services are available to independent living residents, team members, and the public, by appointment.
- Voting will not be onsite at Cedar Ridge until further notice.
- Do not gather or socialize if you are not feeling well.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, quarantine and contact your healthcare provider.
- Over the counter COVID tests are available from Cedar Lake Pharmacy.
- If you are looking for where you can get vaccinated or booster shots, go to vaccines.gov.