One of the great myths of hospice is that it is a place. Hospice is not a place; it is the care and compassion a specialized team offers by reaching out to support you on your journey when you are diagnosed with a terminal illness. The Cedar Community Hospice team will help you live your life to the fullest, and help you and your family with the many questions and concerns that come at the end of life. Our care team is there to provide care and compassion in your home, whether that is a private residence, an assisted living apartment, or a skilled nursing home.
Your HOSPICE care team and programs
The patient is the most important member of the care team. Along with your personal doctor, our hospice team members will support you and your family, ensuring comfort, dignity, and the highest quality of care.
- Our team of nurses provide specialized care in pain management and symptom control.
- Our social workers provide emotional support and help with planning and resources to meet your needs and goals.
- Our home health aides provide extra help with personal care and assistance.
- Our chaplains provide spiritual guidance and support for you and your family.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy is available as needed.
- Trained volunteers provide support and companionship.
- Music, art, and massage therapy.
- Bereavement services help with grief and loss for family and loved ones.
“It is like night and day from our hospice experience with a different company last week. The team was on top of my Dad’s priorities and was excellent with him. I called in a crisis and asked for the best. Your team has delivered. I have wept tears of relief today. Thank you. Thank you.”
-Diana (family member of a Cedar Community Hospice patient)